Friday, May 9, 2008

What Powers a Blog?

Was checking out one of the websites that i monitor every couple of days and came across a cool video on IPDI. Its discusses the current blog craze and its current influence on politics and the media. The video that caught my eye is entitled "What powers a blog?" and the links for Part I and II are below. Some interesting facts that the video (Part I) gives:
-91% of congressional offices track blogs which only 12% dont think that the blogs dont matter
-75% of the tracking time is spent on local blogs
-the median age of a blogger is 25-45
-50% of these people have left a comment on a blog
These numbers are staggering. When i first enrolled in "Blogs, Politics, and Media" at UCI i thought to myself "why the hell do they even offer this class and what is the significance of it?" Little did I know the overwhelming power that blogs have and continue to have. It is no wonder why print media slowly dying. My generation (I am 25) and the ones that have followed are taking all of there social networking to the internet. It is a quick, easy, informative, and innovative way of spreading, creating, and sharing the news. It is obvious the importance that the internet and blogs has. I am now realizing that i better jump on the boat before i get left behind as the technological world is moving faster than ever.
PART I- What Powers A Blog?

PART II- What Powers A Blog?

No comments: