Monday, May 12, 2008

As "Normal" as You and I Part 2


Give it up Barack. Even though I am leaning towards voting for you in November, it is not necessary to continue on with your "Im a normal dude" gig (compliments of the NY TIMES blog). On April 15th I wrote a piece in the Informant that showed Barack "ballin" with the fellas and showing off his game. It reminded me of the "They're just like up" section in Star magazine. You know, the ones that show the celebs pumping there own gas, just like we do. The picture that make you feel like the stars are just like us- forget about the beautiful woman, the millions of dollars, and the cocaine.

Thus, here we have Obama-again. This time he is shootin' some pool with the fellas. Maybe I'm going out on a limb but do you think he is trying to appeal to the white blue collar workers?? I mean, he was seen bowling a few weeks back. And nothing defines white blue collar America like bowling.

I have to applaud his attempts though. He is definitely trying his hardest to sell himself as the "normal" candidate that is just like you and I. But, I'll finish with one last comment: He is going to have to start fishing, hunting, throwing darts, and going to Nascar events if he wants to have any chance of winning middle america in November.

No comments: